Christmas is a magical time, and it's even more enchanting when you have a little one to share it with. As you prepare for Christmas, you can introduce your baby to the joy of the season with these baby-friendly Christmas recipes. These dishes are not only delicious but also safe and appropriate for your little one's age.
1. Baby's First Christmas Mashed Potatoes
- 250g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 small carrot, peeled and diced
- 30ml (2 tbsp) breast milk or formula
- Boil the potatoes and carrots until they are soft and mashable.
- Mash them together, adding breast milk or formula to achieve the desired consistency.
- Serve as a tasty side dish.
2. Carrot and Parsnip Christmas Puree
- 100g carrots, peeled and diced
- 100g parsnips, peeled and diced
- 30ml (2 tbsp) water
- Steam the carrots and parsnips until they are tender.
- Blend the cooked vegetables with a little water to create a smooth, nutritious puree.
- Serve this Christmas-coloured puree as a tasty accompaniment to your baby's meal.
3. Festive Turkey and Vegetable Mash
- 75g turkey breast, cooked and diced
- 50g peas, cooked
- 1 small potato, peeled, cooked, and mashed
- 30ml (2 tbsp) turkey or vegetable broth
- Cook and dice the turkey and peas.
- Boil and mash the potato.
- Mix all the ingredients together with a bit of broth for added flavour.
- Serve this festive baby meal.
4. Apple & Cinnamon Porridge
- 50g rolled oats
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
- Cook the oats in water until they are soft and creamy.
- In a separate pan, cook the diced apple until it's tender.
- Mix the cooked apple with a pinch of ground cinnamon.
- Add the apple-cinnamon mixture to the porridge for a delicious and festive breakfast.
5. Sweet Potato Christmas Stars
- 200g sweet potatoes, peeled and mashed
- 25g ground almonds
- 25g wholemeal flour
- Combine the mashed sweet potatoes, ground almonds, and wholemeal flour to create a dough.
- Roll out the dough and cut it into Christmas star shapes using a cookie cutter.
- Bake the stars at 180°C for about 20-25 minutes, or until they're lightly browned.
This Christmas, you can make the holiday season special for your baby by introducing them to festive and baby-friendly recipes. These recipes not only celebrate the season but also provide essential nutrients for your little one's growth. You can easily prepare these dishes and make your baby's first Christmas a memorable one. Wishing you and your little one a joyful, and tasty, festive season!