Choosing a Moses basket is high on the checklist of things you'll need for your newborn! It's your baby's first bed and where they'll spend most of their time in the first few months.
The Lullaby Trust say the safest place for your baby to sleep is on their back, in their own sleep space, in the same room as you, for the first six months. Moses baskets take up much less space than cribs or cots, so are easier to fit in your bedroom and move around the house.
When shopping for a Moses basket for your newborn, consider the following tips to ensure your purchase is both safe and comfortable for your baby.
1. Safety: Look for a basket that meets the British Safety Standard BS EN 1466, which ensures that the basket is sturdy and safe for your baby to sleep in. All Clair de Lune Moses baskets have this certification and each basket is inspected and tested before it leaves our British factory.
3. Comfort: Look for a basket with a soft, padded mattress and consider a basket that comes with a matching stand to keep the basket off the floor and provide a more stable sleeping environment. You’ll find we have folding and rocking stands that match each finish of our Moses baskets.
4.Size: Consider the size of the Moses basket and make sure it will fit into your home, as well as into your car for transport if you plan on spending a night away with your newborn.
5. Portability: If you plan to take your baby out with you, choose a Moses basket that is easy to carry and comes with handles. (Remember not to carry the basket with your baby inside.)
6. Style: Moses baskets come in a variety of styles and colours, so choose one that fits your personal taste and style.
7. Price: Moses baskets range in price, so consider your budget and choose a basket that offers both safety and comfort for your baby. We offer a range of Moses basket starting from £20.
Remember, a Moses basket is a temporary sleeping solution for your baby and should only be used until your baby can sit or roll over independently or until they reach 9kg.
If you need any help making your first big purchase for your baby's first bed, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us and we would be happy to offer our advice!